Let’s get started with Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe!
Did you get some leftover rice? No need to worry let’s make some amazing Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice out of it. Pair it with some Vegetable Manchurian or Some Chicken Manchurian and you will have a great time.
There is not much to this recipe since it is very quick and easy to make. Although you need to take care of a few things and you are good to go. So let’s start with the components of this recipe!
You can use any rice that you have at your home. Even the leftover rice from the previous day works fine. Starting from short-grained to long-grained rice. Just make sure you don’t boil the rice completely and cook it almost 90%. Once you are done boiling immediately starting and rinse in cold water so that excess starch is washed off. It makes sure that your rice doesn’t stick while you toss it in the pan later. Also, dress the rice with some oil if you want to keep it for a while. Also, cool it, do not toss it when it’s hot.
The Schezwan Sauce
You can use the readymade one or make your own for this Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice. I made my own Schezwan sauce for this recipe. It is really easy if you just want a quick and tasty Schezwan sauce. But you cannot make the authentic one in a few minutes. You just need some tomatoes, red chillies, garlic, oil, salt, and oil. Saute everything in oil for a while and grind. And it’s ready to be used in your Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice.
Vegetables make this recipe very healthy and nutritious. So add a lot of them and whichever is your favourite. I added carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, onions, and french beans. Also, I added some finely minced ginger and garlic and it is so important for this dish you have no idea. Make sure you chop all your vegetables into small cubes. So that it cooks fast since we will not be cooking it for a long time. For garnish just chop some scallions or spring onions for your Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice and you are ready.
- Soy Sauce: You really need some good quality soy sauce for a good taste. Please do not buy the cheap ones since they are not well fermented and has additives.
- Chili Sauce: Some red chilli sauce is essential to make it spicy and hot in taste. Although if you want to skip it and you like your fried rice less spicy, you can do that.
- Vinegar: always add your vinegar toward the end so that it does not evaporate. Also, add vinegar carefully because if you add too much your fried rice will be very sour in taste.
- White Pepper: In Chinese cooking please always use white pepper for seasoning.
- MSG: You can skip this if you think it is unhealthy. But as I always say it is not unhealthy and it is scientifically proven. So go ahead and add some to get an umami flavour to your rice.
The Cooking Process
So here is the deal with Chinese cooking. IT HAS TO BE DONE ON HIGH FLAME AND VERY QUICKLY TOO! So please do yourself a favour and get everything ready. Starting from your rice, vegetables, Schezwan sauce, and your condiments before you start with your Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice. Also, I know at home you might not get a Chinese burner which is ten times more powerful than your regular burners. So please don’t be disappointed if you don’t get the restaurant style smokey flavour.
Although you can always keep your burner on high flame and get your pan to a very hot temperature and then start cooking quickly. Make sure you don’t delay the process otherwise you might end up burning the Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice. So let’s start with the recipe!